Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

Sorry that it took me so long to send my letter. We went and played soccer in the morning and now in the afternoon, we are having our internet time. 

That was pretty cool seeing you guys there in the computer. Skype is a great invention, even though it didnt work all that all. But, oh well, only the Mother´s Day call and then I am there with you guys in Salt Lake. Crazy how fast time goes, right? I remember when Chase told me ¨Just follow your companion around and be humble. Something I always tell my companion ´dont worry about it´ Enjoy your time and before you know it you will be going home in 10 months¨ 
Well, I guess he was right. Now I am just about where Chase was when I got here in Bolivia.

We passed Christmas here in our apartment trying to go to sleep, but with all the fireworks we couldnt get to sleep. So, the next day we were super tired. haha. 

This week, we talked a lot with Mery Chappy, her daughter, Yessenia (18 years old), her son, Jair (16 years old) and her neice, Andrea (20 years old). We talked about the temples and the sealing power that God has given us so that we can be together forever. We talked about the restoration of the true church of God and then we talked about baptism and the importance of baptism in order to live with God again and that we cant be saved without baptism in the correct way that Jesus showed. 
Together the four decided that if they felt prepared they would get baptized. They agreed on the 25 of January as their day. The coolest thing happened too- our appointment with them after they agreed to get baptized, we asked how they felt after watching the movie about Joseph Smith... One by one they told us their feelings. The spirit was strong and they told us they believe it. They believe that God has a plan for us and that it all makes sense, that Joseph Smith isnt our Jesus Christ like a lot of people say, he was just a prophet like Moises and Abraham. It was so amazing, and I am so happy for them.
And they  all went to church for the first time on Sunday. It was great.
Finally, some amazing people here in Abundancia!

So, now we have passed Christmas and we are coming up on New Years! 2014, a new year. A new start. I love it. I want to start this year and recommit myself and finish my mission of strong. Wow. This year I finish my mission. Where has the time gone? I know I still have 10 months to work and do what the Lord wants, but seriously, I just got weirded out by saying that this year I end my mission. Crazy.

With New Years being the day that would have been the transfers, they changed the day to today. Which means, that tonight they will call us and tell us if one of us, Elder Colque or I go to another area. It is bittersweet, because now with 4 and 1/2 months in the same area, I am ready for something new, but if I go, it means I will leave behind Mery Chappy and a few others that I wont get to see them get baptized. So, it is bittersweet. 

I dont have much to say, just that I love you guys so much. I know that the Lord is watching out for me and for you all, so I am not worried that everything will be okay. I know that families are forever. Heavenly Father has given us everything that we need to be happy, and it isnt money or anything like that, it is true happiness that comes from following Christ. That is what I have found in my mission. I have learned to follow Christ and to love others, especially, my family and friends. 

I hope you all have a great New Year!
Talk to you next week!
.-Elder Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment