Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

It is now officially Christmas time here in the mission. I totally do not feel like its Christmas since it is just hot and there arent many Christmas lights on the houses and everything, but it is fine. By the sounds of it, Christmas is going to be just another day here in the mission, nothing too special.

Basically this week was good.

Wednesday, we went to the center of the city to have a Christmas Conference with President and Sister Willard. There were like 3 or 4 zones there and it was great. People sang and shared testimonies. I shared my testimony about my favorite hymn... Yo Se Que Vive Mi SeƱor. It was super great because it was just a moment to take a minute and think about our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ and this time of Christmas. We then ate our Christmas dinner... Probably the most delicious turkey I have every eaten, salad, like a potato salad and limade to drink. It was great, and i really wanted more turkey, but they wouldnt give me more.
We found another family to teach. The family Loiza, the dad David has been inactive for 13 years and his family never heard much about the church, so we went to go teach his family. The mom and the two oldest boys are listening to us and they like what they hear. I love it. We went to their three story house (which is super rare here) and it was just like walking into the United States... The Loiza family definitely have money, haha. It was just funny to see the difference between this family and the other houses that are around it. 
We taught about the restoration and we watched the movie about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. The mom and boys really liked it. We are moving forward with them and also Mery Chappy and her family.
Well, I dont have much else this week. I will call you guys later today to test out skype and then on Christmas day I will call you.

I love you all so much!!! 
Until Wednesday!!
-Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment