Monday, August 26, 2013

Zone Conference and My Twin


Hi there everyone out there reading my letters. 

I hope you know that God is aware of you and there are answers to every one of your doubts or questions in the restored church of Jesus Christ. 

Hi family! 

Monday here again, and it is super cold here in Santa Cruz. It is humid so it feels freezing. I do not like to get out of bed when it is cold. 

This week we had some great experiences and memories. I know you all want to hear about them.

Zone Conference. 
      Our first official zone conference with President Willard and his wife. Oh how I loved it. They are super spiritual and we were taught by the spirit what our investigadores need. We learned from Chapter One in preach my gospel. Then we did some practices to help our investigators receive for themselves the gospel of Jesus Christ. We practiced asking inspired questions and just following the spirit. It was wonderful. Elder Gueto says that it changed the way he thinks; he says it changed his whole mission. 

Investigators.
   Julio Cesar and his family-
            He is fighting to give up the cigarettes. He has been smoking a little every day and so Friday we challenged him to give up his addiction totally and to depend on God. He committed and we also committed his family to helping him. His wife threw away his cigarettes without him knowing. When we went to go smoke, he got all mad at her, but she reminded him of his goal. He calmed down and now he says, I was a smoker. Now I’m not, I don’t smoke anymore. 

   Franz and Mireya.
          They were a reference given to us by other elders. Mireya is the cousin of Wara (my convert) and she is a member already. Her husband isn’t but has been taught all the lessons by other Elders. Now we just have to have a wedding and he can get baptized. He bore a powerful testimony yesterday in the Priesthood meeting about how much he gains when he comes to church. Then he announced that they are going to have a baby. They just found out yesterday.

We are truly seeing miracles here with these people. Friday morning we went with them to submit their papers so they can get married on Sept. 7th. They didn’t have enough money to submit them, since there aren’t many jobs here, but the ward helped us out. Everything is ready and set for both of their marriages/baptisms this 7th. We are excited. 

This week was fun. We worked hard but we also just had a bit of fun. We were joking with our people here about how I was fat before the mission and then they started calling my yellow (for my skin)- They told me I am yellow like the Simpsons even up to my hair. I told them no. And then they started to say that I look like a little yellow baby chicken. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Then, they held up one of their chickens and told me that it was my twin. 
So, here is a picture of me with my twin. Sorry mom, your missionary son is a little yellow chicken. 




The other picture is of me in my area. There is ton of green and some of the paths are just bordered with trees, like the picture. 

The next picture is of my ugly companion, Elder Gueto. We are super similar and we goof around sometimes. He is funny. 

We have cambios coming up this week. We are thinking the Elder Gueto is going to leave and I will stay here in the area Suarez, La merced. It will be interesting, as it always is when we have cambios. 

This week was great, cold and rainy, but great. I am definitely seeing changes in my character, as I am learning and applying new things. I don’t want to be the same person as I was before the mission. 

Until next week then,
I love you.
-Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment