Monday, August 5, 2013

Mission Life


Once again, it is Monday. That week passed slowly but at the same time, went by super fast. I dont know how that is possible, but it is. 

So, here is a little about what is going on with me and my mission. 

We are changing the way we work here in my mission. Basically, in the past, we had the missionaries working and the wards working separately, as I´ve already told ya´ll. But, we are changing little by little. So, we have the rough work of training the wards and getting things going. It is a little tough, but little by little we are seeing a difference. The members are more receptive to help us and they have great desires, just missing a little bit of direction and organization which is what we are trying to work with. We are now getting Ward Missionaries and the Ward Mission Leader and all that going strong here in the Suarez ward. It is good, and I am happy to see the difference as we are progressing. 

This week was a little bit rough, Elder Gueto and I worked really hard this week, even when I was sick with a really strong cold. For most of our lessons, I couldnt hear since my ears were all messed up with congestion and all that. We ended each day and I was exhausted, I wasnt super happy with how I was. But, now I am doing better, my hearing still isnt perfect, but I am much better, and now I have energy and I am in a good mood. Haha. All is well, for now.

     We are teaching Part Member families that we want to go to the temple. One is the Jose y Maria family (No, their kid´s name is not Jesus) who were inactive for a long time and the Sabbatistas (I dont know how to say it in English) taught them and confused them, so now we are teaching them and preparing their kids for baptism and then that they can go to the temple to be sealed for time and eternity. 
      The other we are teaching is Julio Cesar. He is great. His wife was inactive but got activated again by the missionaries before us. They baptized two of their kids, but never got the chance to teach the dad, because he was always working. But now, he is at home at night, so we are teaching him. He went to church for the first time yesterday. He is addicted to cigarettes and all that garbarge, but wants to stop for his kids. so, we taught him about fasting to gain help to stop all that.Yesterday, was his first time going to church and his first time fasting! Haha. He loved church and is preparing for baptism this 24 of August. 

This morning I was studying the attributes of Jesus Christ and I realized that a lot of times I need to work on my humility. I didnt really understand it before, but I am learning more and more about faith, humility, and hope and the other attributes of Christ. 

I dont have much else to say. I know more than anything else that God loves us and that He sent his son to help us along the way here in this life. I know that we need His help or we cant do anything. We can always have his help, his guidance, his love when we pray to Him. Praying is simple. It is just being humble enough to ask a loving Heavenly Father for his help and then following through with actions with the answers or help we recieved. I know the church is true. I know it and I cannot deny it. 

I also know I love you all. I love you all so much.
Until next week,

Elder Jensen 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment