Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Peru CCM


Hola, mi familia.
Well, I am just here in Peru, it is pretty cool, I guess. We got in yesterday at like 2:30 in the morning after what seemed the longest flight in all of America. I couldnt watch any movies or anything think like that so the 6 hour flight seemed LIKE ETERNITY. But it is fine. The keyboard is weird here and I cannot type apostrophes and therefore it is going to sound weird, but I do not even care.
 
So, we got in super early, went through immigration and all that jazz. That all went super easy. And just like I said on the phone, being a missionary felt more real because people were asking who we were and what we were doing. The questions we were asked were not what I was expecting, like one lady asked us if a mission was how we show our coming of age or something, like in Catholism or something like that. I do not even know.
 
Most of the Elders got switched up with their companionships, but not me. Elder Bardin and I are still companions. Which I was kinda hoping for someone new, just to change things up, but it is fine. The CCM de Peru is small. Only 110 missionaries here and it is great though. Everyone speaks Spanish and I understand very little super fun.
I got my haircut (otra vez) and everyone was laughing because he apparently missed spots. I do not know since I have not looked at myself yet.
 
The day is just beginning and I am already liking it here.
 
I heard from Josh that Jordan Nelson and Jace Wade got their mission calls! Super amazing!
My P-Days are on Tuesdays, so now you can look forward to that day.
 
Umm... Yo no se que escribir aqui. Pero, la iglesia is verdadero. Y mas importante in nuestras vidas. Por favor, venir a Cristo. El espera para ustedes y El SeƱor ama vosotros.
Te amo mucho. Gracias por tu amor y support.
(I am working on the Spanish.)
 
I love being a missionary. It is harder and different than I thought, but it is so rewarding and I love it! Some days are harder than others, but if we have faith in God, He will lift us up and make our burdens light.
 
I will talk to you all next week!
 
- Elder Jensen 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment