Monday, November 12, 2012

First EMAIL from MTC


HELLO FAMILY!

Seesh, it's like you guys love me or something with all the mail that I have gotten! I love it. Haha. Thank you so much for sending me those and making me feel loved and important.

I've only sent one letter so hopefully that got to you. The first week was soo crazy. The other Elders say it's like having a firehose put into your mouth and your expected to drink it all. Which is impossible. But, all is well here now that my little district has made it to Sunday.
So, like I mentioned in the letter, my companion's name is Elder Bardin. He's from Arizona and is serving in my mission. My room (4 elders including me) is all serving in Santa Cruz, Bolivia and we all go down to the Peru, CCM together! Elder Bardin is super nice and has a desire to serve and to learn the language. 'Cept it's difficult because he took two years of German in high school and was hoping to get called to a German speaking mission, but the Lord needed him in Bolivia. So, basically, he doesn't speak a lick of Spanish and so I have to carry the weight of both of us when we are teaching our investigator. Which is equally frustrating and really good for me. Teaching in Spanish right out of the gate was hard, but we made it through.

It seriously feels like three weeks ago that you dropped me off. I've learned and experienced so much already. The MTC food isn't too bad and I haven't gotten sick in the tummy because of it. But, Elder Bardin has. He has pretty constant diarriah (muy bad poops) since day 1 and it's so fun going and sitting outside of the door while he poops his guts out. Ya, not that fun at all.

Entonces, I am the district leader and it's been good. I've grown to love these Elders already and it's going to be so hard to leave them here in three weeks. They are all super outgoing and fun and strong in the gospel. I love them and I love being at the MTC!

Since time is limited, I'm going to be hand writing to the letters that I've already recieved so you can expect those. They have us on a pretty strict schedule here and it's good, but frustrating when you just want to have a moment to breathe. But, everything is good.

I love you all so much. Saying good bye was hard, but I couldn't help feeling happy and smiling as I left. I know this is where I am supposed to be and I'm doing what Heavenly Father y Jesucristo want me to do. I love them both so much and I know that this gospel is true! There is absolutely no doubt in my mind and I love it! The MTC is so full with the spirit and it just warms my heart being here and not having to worry about messing up or anything.

Please kiss Oakley for me! I miss her cute smile!

For now, my family, this is it. The Lord is hastening the work and we feel it here at the MTC. There are rumors that people are being called to China, but we don't know if that's true. Please pray and come closer to our Heavenly Father! I love you!

Su hijo,
Elder Jensen 2.0

This gospel is the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment