Monday, November 19, 2012

Forever Long Days, Super Short Weeks


Well, hello there my family!
 
It's my P-Day again so that means an email! I bet you are all waiting at your computers just wishing that this email would show up... Well here it is!
 
Time here at the MTC is warped. We have forever long days, and super short weeks. It's so weird. All the days just mix in together and I'm not really sure what happened when.
But, this is my last week at the MTC and it's so crazy! I can't believe it's already here and that we'll be going to Peru in just a week from tomorrow. We got our travel papers and everything and it's all ready to go. My three roommates and I leave early next Tuesday morning, go to the Salt Lake Airport, fly to Georgia, and then from Atlanta to Lima, Peru. We arrive there about 1:30 in the morning. Should be fun.
We're excited, but at the same time sad. This time here has been amazing. The spirit is so strong here and the bond that we've made with the Elder's in my district is just as strong. I love these Elders' with my whole heart and it's definitely going to be sad leaving them. But, it's all going to be okay. The Lord needs us in the Peru, MTC and that is where we will go.
 
I just barely got back from the Provo Temple. Wow, I love that place. As a man and a woman joined each other in the room and hugged and just smiled at each other, I just couldn't help but think of my eternal family back home. We are so lucky and blessed to have this knowledge in our lives. I love it! Please go to the temple, for me, and thank our Eternal Father in Heaven for that incredible blessing.
 
I sent a letter home for both mom and dad so hopefully you get it, but I'm prolly going to talk about a lot about the stuff that I wrote about.
 
Spanish is coming along. I still have to carry the lesson when my companion and I teach, pero esta bien. I have definitely learned a lot since being here - about spanish, myself and the gospel.
 
let's see... It's Yardbird day on Thursday... We get to hear from a general authority and all that, which should be super great and then just do a lot of service and junk. Fun and spiritual. I like that.
Umm...  the first couple weeks are all the same. We spend tons of time in our classroom where we study, prepare and learn the gospel and Spanish. That's basically all we do all day and then sometime near the end of the day we teach an "investigator" about what we believe. It's stressful because we are told all the time to teach by the spirit, but I don't know how to speak the language so I can't speak the words the Spirit would have me say. But we are getting better each time we teach.
 
Elder Bardin and I have grown closer together. He's opened up a lot and has a good heart. He is a thinker and so sometimes I get frustrated with him when he zones out all the time in class and doesn't pay attention. We've talked about it and he's working on things.
 
Anyway, I've got to go get my haircut and do my laundry so I love you all!
 
I'll talk to you next Monday and then on Tuesday, mom and dad, you will get a call from me.
I have no idea the time or which one of you I should call, but I can't wait to talk to you!
 
I love you so much. I hope you know that.
-Elder Jensen 2.0
The Chan-man

No comments:

Post a Comment