Monday, July 7, 2014

Twenty Months

You know, when one has 20 months in the mission, one starts to see things differently. Every moment is truly the best, I mean, maybe the people yell at me and things, but really as I have said in past letters, I have and will continue to be changed by the mission, by the Bolivian people and by the Lord Jesus Christ. 

This week, a couple things happened. 
We had the opportunity to listen to a city-wide training for the missionaries and ward leaders. Elder Uceda taught us how to work in the Work of Salvation. It was really good. I loved it as he spoke and taught us about union. That with separation, comes weakness. When we are together as ward members, missionaries, family members, parents, there is strength and the power of God. The Lord will help us when we are united in one... Just as in the times of old, we will become the Lord’s people...ZION: 

I also had an excellent interview with President Willard. He is the best man ever. I talked with both President and Sister Willard about... Well, really one thing, now that I have a little time left, we talked about what I want to do, what I want to be when I go home. We talked about my worries. President gave me excellent advice that made me understand more... He told me if I give all that I have in these last months, the Lord will give me all after the mission. It was a great experience being there with President and Sister Willard, talking and just feeling the spirit.

I learned even more love for these people here. It has been raining, my clothes and my socks are worn out, but I don’t want to buy new ones, because it doesn’t bother me that my socks have holes in them. I am trying to give everything I have, and not worry about the little things.  The members take care of us. I learned more about humility and service- we went to visit Brother Yuri Chavez and his wife Silvia, who have the goal to go to the temple to get sealed the first week of August. We entered their house, and since our shoes were super dirty we took them off. They saw my wet/worn out socks and they made me take off my socks and they gave me two new pairs. I felt such gratitude and love for these people. They are the best ever. 

I feel so blessed here in Bolivia. The Lord has had his hand in my mission and my life, changing me more than anyone else. And for that, I am super grateful. I know the Lord loves me. I know He is there taking care of us. I don’t understand how He knows me and my problems out of the billions of people in the world, but I know He is there listening to my humble prayers. I can never be good enough to be worthy of His love; I can never repay Him for what He has done for me in just these 2 years. 

With all the love in the world, I want to say thank you for everything that you do for me. Your strength, your prayers and your love are felt, even here in Santa Cruz. 

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment