Monday, July 14, 2014

Interesting How the Lord Works

It´s interesting, how the Lord works. I have been able to see that truly He knows what He is doing. And He prepared each of us before we were born.
This week, we have been working with two teenagers, Milton and his older brother Jonathon. They are less actives. They are 22 and 19 years old and we have been visiting them so they can go on a mission. They are the oldest brothers of 6 boys. Their mom is Sister Peregrina, a single mom, who doesnt make enough money to support her family. They are hurting bad for money, but we have explained and helped Jonathon understand that the Lord can take better care of his family than he can, so yesterday, he had an interview with the bishop and he is going to start his mission papers this week.
His little brother, Milton, is a bit harder. He doesnt have a testimony of the church, he has a desire to go on a mission, but he isnt doing anything to prepare himself, so we have been helping. Yesterday, it was so great see their entire family there in church.
I was able to truly see and feel what it is like to be a bishop here in Bolivia. It´s a bit different here in Bolivia. Everyone thinks that the Bishop has to do everything, and so they all go to him to ask for church manuals, chalk, or for everything. Yesterday, he was doing something for a ward activity on Saturday instead of doing Bishop-related work. I looked at him and asked, ¨Bishop, do you want help?¨  He looked at me and with a sigh of gratitude, said thanks. My comp and I took that and helped him with some other things. With my love and knowledge of computers, I have been helping them put the ward in order, since there isnt a ward clerk, and the other Exectutive Clerk does nothing, so the Bishop asked our help. It was stressful, for the one minute of having a tiny bit of having his responsibilities. I learned that Bishop Vidaurre is a great man and he was prepared and chosen from before the world was to be a Bishop in a ward in a stake of Zion. That is just so amazing to me.
This week, the ward members went to the temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. It was so great to hear the words of a recient convert family, the Chavez family, Osman and Maria. They said that they felt just by going in the temple, they were changed, that they felt so much stronger and so much better. Sister Maria said, ¨After we finished, I didnt want to leave.¨ They felt the Lord´s spirit there in the temple and it was so great to hear and to feel the power of the Lord through them.
I know the church is true. I know it with all that I am and I know that the Lord lives. I know He has given us temples so we can feel just a tiny bit of what it is like in heaven. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God and that he really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ. I know that, it´s so clear to me now. I know it. I love it. And I will live it forever, forever being faithful to God.
I love you all so much. Thanks for the pictures and the videos of Oaks. I love her. Haha. Stay safe and be happy!
.- Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment