Monday, April 21, 2014

Hello from Santa Cruz

Hi there everyone. Just another day here in Howies... Santa Cruz just being a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. This week went by really fast. 

We taught good lessons. 
One amazing experience happened this week for me. We were walking around from appointment to appointment, as everything that we had planned just failed. We had an appointment in 20 minutes, and I thought, let´s just go there early and teach them instead of just walking around. I looked at my agenda and started walking towards the appointment. But, suddenly, a name popped into my head. Katherin Vasguez. She is an investigator that we taught once, her dad died and she was hurting a lot. I turned around, and started going to her house, which wasn't too far away. 

We knocked on the door. She came out and we asked her if she had a minute. She said yes. We entered her house and started talking. We started teaching about the Plan of Salvation, and what happens after we die. As we spoke, I felt the importance of share about the eternal family... Not just share with her where we will go, but I felt that I had to just teach, and just pause and let what I just said sink in, that through obedience and through the restored gospel, we can be eternal families. We just sat there, as the Spirit bore testimony to her and to me. It was so great; I just felt like I should just be quiet and let her think. She loved it. She told us that it was something so new to her, but it gave her hope and happiness. In that moment, I felt like I was an instrument in the Lord´s hands.

The other gringo in our house and I both had to go to Immigrations this week, to be completely legal and everything. We went there and all my friends that I havent seen were there too... From the north mission and the south. We just sat there talking about things of the mission, and just doctrine. It was a bit sad too, because it will be the last time we all see each other in the mission. We said our good byes as we left. It was a bittersweet moment. 

Other than that, the week was just great. I am happy. I know I am here with doing what the Lord wants me to do. I know that I have been changed forever, thanks to the mission. I do not regret it for one minute. I know the Lord lives. I know He loves us. I know He has a plan for us to be happy, and maybe we have to give up our personal pride or our personal desires to follow that plan, but I know it is worth it in the end. I know God lives. I feel Him with me more and more as I follow what He wants, and as I learn of Him in the scriptures!

Until next week. 
-Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment