Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm Back!

Howdy there!

I hope you all didnt have a hard time last week not hearing from me.
We just sat in our house for those three days... Just talking and
hanging out and throwing water balloons off of our roof. That was fun.
But, I missed you all.

So, just an update, since dad asked me to catch him up. Still here in
Guaracal, with my guatemalteco companion Elder Revolorio. He is good.
He only has 5 months in the mission, but is a good guy. He wants to
help the people and he wants to work. I am happy that I am with him.
We live with 4 other missionaries, which is always super fun.
My area is the first one that I have had with the majority of the
streets paved, so it is a bit more of a challenge to find people to
teach, since the people have more money and just think they know
everything. But, it is just fine, since I feel like that is how
everyone is, no matter where they live in the city.

This weekend was Stake Conference. And basically every talk we heard
was about the Work of Salvation. The church is pushing big time for
the missionaries and members to work together to go to the rescue. In
my ward and basically in every area, the members here have a lot of
desires to help, but they havent really mastered the whole, turning
desires into actions part. So, it is a bit hard, but with patience, I
know they will begin to change.
We live right next to the Stake President, and he was saying, since
the change in the way we work, the stake has seen a big increase in
assistance... More people are coming back and more people, who are
baptized, are staying in the church. It is so great.

My Mission President is still great. We have seen a change in him...
He is a bit more harder on us than he was before. But still, I love
him and I think this week, I will be having an interview with him.

I love studying the words of the prophets. Lately, I have just been
studying the Liahonas and the general conference talks. I always love
them and I really do feel so thankful that God loves us enough to give
us more direction and help in our lives. We have a living prophet
today that recieves the word of God to help us along in this life. I
know that Thomas Spencer Monson is the prophet of God and I know that
the apostles are also special witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ. I
know the Church is true. I can feel it in my heart and I can feel it
when I read the words of the prophets. Their counsel and wisdom is
exactly what we need to follow.

I will be sending pictures about what we did during carnival... (pics wouldn't send ugh)

I love you all so much. I am sorry that I dont have much to say... I
am boring. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment