Monday, May 6, 2013

Instrument in His Hands






Wow, I dont even know where this week went. I seriously feel like it just disappeared. I guess what they say, after the first 6 months it starts flying past, day after day. 

This week, we got to know more members here in the ward. The missionaries in this area have never had good numbers of lessons with members, so Elder Caro and I are trying to raise that number. Elder Beltran who was senior companion before me knew more members and had all the info in his head, but since he left, we dont know anyone. And the most powerful lessons are with members, so we have been visiting and talking with the members to know more people and have more help. And it has worked. We taught more lessons with members this week than others. Which, is really good. 

Dad, Elder Caro is going to Waraquebu or something like that. Which mission did you serve in? How do I not know that, not sure, but oh well. 

This week I really felt like I was an instrument used in the hands of the Lord. One day we were just contacting like normal in one area and street that we contact a lot. I remember just feeling like I should be adventurous and go down another street. Without telling Elder Caro why, I turned down the street and started walking. I remember ignoring the first couple houses, and about half way down the street, we started to knock on doors. We knocked on one, the wife came out, we introduced ourselves and she said her husband wasnt there, and to come back the next day, which is basically what everyone tells us. So, I doubted that they would listen to us more. But we made an appointment for the next day and came back. Her husband was there and they listened to us. He told us that about a year ago, he had a horrible car accident and was in a coma for a couple weeks, then God gave him a second chance. He is super ready for the chuch, and they came to church yesterday and he said that he felt different than in other churches. 

Some times, the Lord uses you to find the people that need the gospel. It was an incredible experience and honor to be used by God. They have a goal for baptism this 1st of June and they have to be married that day too. I loved it! So there you have it, a great story of my mission. 

Here are some pictures, if I remember what they are: 
Elder Caro and I hiding under my big jacket from the rain (it has been pouring here, it is rainy season for the next 2 months) 
When it rains here, the streets flood and we have rivers with tons of mud. Our pension is much better here and she makes great food every day. A parrot. 
Everyone has one here and this one was speaking to us yesterday. We made pancakes, thanks to the package that Kelsi sent me... THANKS STACEY for the pancakes and chips and everything! I loved it and you basically saved me. Haha. I need more American food. Thats it for this week! I will call you on Mothers Day! Bye!! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment