Monday, March 11, 2013

Four Months Out


Oh, hi! How goes it everyone?

I loved your letters this week and I am so happy to hear from you! Mondays are great days. Happy anniversary yesterday mom and dad! and Happy Birthday, you old fart on Wednesday! I can’t believe it has been 4 months this week since we were last together. Time has gone by fast, but I still have a lot of time here.
This week was a good one, it passed quickly and I learned a lot.

MONDAY- We played some futbol after emailing you all. I must say, I am getting better at this game. We play it every other Monday as a zone and I like it more and more. It helps relieve my stress. The Latinos are crazy good and I just try and help out and do what I can. Whatever.

Tueday- We had to go to Santa Cruz this week since Elder Chub had a training meeting as a District Leader. I just sat outside of the room, and thought about things and studied a bit. Santa Cruz is an hour south from Montero, so not too far. Then, later we taught some people. We are having troubles finding families to teach. We teach people, but the majority of the time, the husband isn’t home. There are people here that don’t see they spouse for more than a month and a half at a time and then for only one or two days, and then he goes back to work. It is crazy, and very annoying because we want a family. I know they are out there; we just need to find them.

Wednesday- We had a service project! We dug some dirt into a pile and then put bricks on top of it. It looked like something the Aztecs built or something, but that is the way they do it here. After the dirt pile, we took some machetes (Everyone and their dog have machetes here) and we chopped down a tree. I didn’t have my camera so I don’t have pictures of that.

Thursday - We had training again in Santa Cruz with President and Sister Calderon. They are so strong and so great. I left there with renewed strength and excitement for this work. I literally could feel my testimony and the joy that this gospel brings in my soul. I can feel in now as I am writing about it. He spoke on the Atonement and the ability that we have to share with these people that they can be freed from pain and sin. It was such a good day and there were Elders from my MTC group there, which was good to hear from them and their experiences. We learned that they will be splitting the mission in July (Santa Cruz north and Santa Cruz south mission) and that we will be visited by Elders Christofferson and Bednar in May! So crazy and amazing and great that we get that chance to be taught by prophets of God.

Friday- BAPTISM!!!! We baptized Hermano Isaias. He asked me to be the one to baptise him, which means of the 5 baptisms we have had, I have done 4. It was so good and special. The spirit was strong and he was ready to be baptized and excited to do it.

Saturday- Just a normal day working and doing well. We worked hard but like I said, we aren’t finding many families to teach.

Sunday- We had Stake Conference in Montero. It was really good and we worked really hard and found and taught a lot of people. I realized that most of the time, I am teaching by the spirit, it just doesn’t whisper the words in my mind so I can hear them, but as I am talking, sometimes I will say something that connects really well with the person. That is the Spirit talking. I know it now. I am still learning and progressing, but I am improving. I like teaching and talking with the people here. Dad, thank you for the advice about the questions! I needed that because I have been struggling with asking questions and stuff. I am going to apply what you said and ask better questions so they can see that we have the truth and that they will think about what we talked about after we leave.

I hope this letter was better than the others! I am getting better at forgetting myself and going to work, which I am so grateful for. I can’t believe Chase only has 8 months left! So crazy! But, I know he will work hard in these last months!
I really love you all so much and I can’t wait to talk to you next week on the 12!!!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment