Monday, May 12, 2014

Todo Bigote!

Well, there it went, the last phone call home. It was great to be able to skype you all and actually have a good camera and internet connection. I hope you all had a good time talking to me and a Happy Mother´s Day to you mom and to Brooke!
Well, like you all heard, I got a new companion. He is Elder Jerez. He is from Argentina. He has a year in the mission. We get a long great. I am super happy to have him here in Guaracal.
Everything with me is going really well. I am happy and healthy and just doing really well, working in the Lord´s vineyard. Like they say here, ¨todo bigote (all is mustache)¨ or ¨todo esta chalinga (all is super good)¨
I know that the Lord has so much prepared for us. He wants us to be happy and to follow his path to be happy. I love this gospel and I love the opportunity that I have to share this gospel with others.
Yesterday, we passed by the house of a less active. We started talking with him, but I just kept feeling like there was something on his mind, or there was something there. I just paused, and just asked the question that was in my mind, ¨are you happy?¨ He started to cry and told us that he wasnt. We shared with him the way to be happy is to follow Christ. To be humble, to do the little things like pray and read the scriptures and, then we can be happy. I know that to be true.
I love you my family. You are all great and make me so happy. I just couldnt stop laughing or smiling yesterday, because you are all just great people. I am so thankful that we can be an eternal family. I love you so much.
So, last night, after talking with you all, we sat there with the Stake President, while the other elders spoke with their families. President Enrique is from Argentina, and just like sister Tatiana showed you, we started to ¨Matear¨ or drink Mate. Mate is an herb, and is super common in Argentina and in other countries, but mostly there. They put the herb in the poro, and then put in sugar and hot water. Before, I had never liked it very much, but when he made it, it is so good. I think it was because he put lime in it. And now I want to buy my own poro (the cup). I will bring some to the states if I can. He explained to me, that to share with someone Mate, it is a form of true friendship and trust, since one cup is passed around, they drink all the mate and then the cup is refilled with water and given to another person to drink. It was interesting to learn about another custom and culture of a people. 
They also gave us pancito (bread) and palta (avacado) to eat. It was a good experience to be in the house of the Enrique family. They are great, strong members of the church.

Until next week, 
Elder Jensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment