Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday After General Conference

Good morning to everyone where ever they are!
This week was great. We got to hear the words of the Lord through His authorized servants. I absolutely loved general conference and the feelings that I felt. This was, obviously, my 4th and last general conference as a missionary, and I had a lot of questions that I wanted answered about my future and about my life and as I sat there listening with a couple other american missionaries, I felt the power of the Spirit of the Lord testify to me that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of the Lord in these days. The Lord, through the inspired talks that we heard, answered all of my questions, and that is another amazing miracle that I saw this week as a missionary of the Lord.

I loved the talks by Elders David A. Bednar and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. They are my two favorite apostles.
I think that was my main highlight of my week. Listening to General Conference in a tiny room in a chapel here in Bermejo with 2 other American Missionaries and 2 American Sister Missionaries. We got to watch all the sessions in English and I loved it. Honestly, the fact that we are members of the only true church of the Lord Jesus Christ just blows my mind. I know this is true and I know the Lord lives and He speaks with His prophet and I know He is guiding the church and us all.
I loved the 3 talks that talked about the prophet and how we need not to worry whether or not the prophet is going to lead us in the right way, because it´s the Lord´s church and if the prophet tries to lead us away from the truth, he will be removed from the position and someone else will be put as prophet. I know this to be true.

I also really liked the 2 talks on helping the poor and needy, giving and serving them, as well as through the law of the fast. I know the Lord wants us to serve these people, and that we have the obligation to help them. I know this to be true.

I love you all so much. I know that the Lord lives and that He is truly aware of us in every moment and every day.
Talk to you next week!
Love, 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment